Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Kitchen Tip

So I figured I'd add in a few "kitchen tips" every now and then. This is something that I learned from my grandma long before I ever saw it on The Food Network or the likes thereof. She taught me this when I was really little. I'm not saying she invented it, but I'm saying I learned it from her!

K... the next time you have a lemon that you've zested and you're done with it... DON'T throw it away..... use it to clean your microwave! Cut it in half and then put it in the microwave. Microwave for 1 minute, then let it sit in there for another couple of minutes before you open the door.

Open it up, throw away the lemon and use a hot rag to wipe down the insides of the microwave.





Now... for the sake of showing how well this works I'm going to show a picture of my dirty microwave... it's gross but I want a before and after shot so here you go, before:


And after the lemon:



Okay so since I know you want to try it... grab a lemon, or go buy one and then use it to make these delish Cream Cheese Lemon Bars and then clean your microwave! :)

1 comment:

acookingmizer said...

i wonder if this would work in my microwave since its a strange grill-microwave hybrid that has an actual grill bar at the top.... hmm i want to try it though!